Fire Risk Assessor
Adena Fire is a small but growing, fire safety services company based in Essex. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service and product to our clients, delivered in a professional and friendly manner by our engineers and consultants. We provide fire safety services including Fire Risk Assessments, Consultancy, Fire Safety Training, Dry and Wet Riser Testing and Maintenance, both directly to clients and via third-party companies (partners).
Duties and Responsibilities
Client liaison: to contact client via phone to book a job, within 24 hours of receipt of job details
- To ensure that the Adena office is kept up to date with progress of job booking and any difficulties contacting the client – via phone/email
- To conduct the site visit and assessment and liaise with the client contact
- To prepare a professionally presented and comprehensive report, and send to the Adena Fire office within seven days of the site visit
- Prepare and send invoice within seven days of the site visit
Candidates will only be considered if they are either currently serving or recently retired from the British Fire Service. Ideally you will have achieved officer status, however, this is not essential for candidates with significant fire prevention experience.
Working Hours and Location
- In general you will be required to undertake Assessments during office hours to suit each client
- Most work will be in London and the Home Counties
- We will require a minimum of one day per week availability (outside of reasonable holidays)
About You – What we are looking for
- Currently holds a position within the British Fire Service, or recently retired (within past 5 years)
- Technical fire prevention experience
- Hold full, clean UK driving licence and has own vehicle
- In-depth knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, and other key reference materials
- Ability to utilise experience and knowledge, in undertaking Fire Risk Assessments gained in a variety of premises such as: offices, shops, educational, licensed premises and factories/warehouses.
- Experience using CS Todd and Associates PAS 79 methodology and report writing
- Ability to write up reports on a computer using the new PAS 79 template
Candidates with formal Fire Risk Assessment training such as FPA
Industry contacts and affiliations to relevant fire safety organisations
NOTES TO APPLICANTS: Please email your current CV or similar, along with any further information that you feel may be appropriate, with particular details of your technical fire prevention experience. Unfortunately we will not consider any applicants not possessing the required Fire Service Experience